Tenzing-Hillary Everest Marathon is "probably the most adventurous trail run in the world."Tenzing Hillary Everest Marathon is an international high altitude adventure sports event being held at Mt. Everest Base Camp, criss-crossing the highland Sherpa trails of Khumbu valley on May 29 every year, to commemorate the historical ascent on Mt. Everest by Late Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Sir Edmund Hillary on May 29, 1953.
- Tenzing Hillary Everest Marathon is a unique event in the world, because of the following unrivaled characteristics.
- Tenzing Hillary Everest Marathon is the highest marathon in the world with starting line at the altitude of 5,356m at the Khumbu Icefall.
- This marathon event begins from Expedition Base Camp right at the edge of Khumbu Icefall at the backdrop of Mount Everest, Mt. Lhotse and Lola Pass.
- Everest Marathon runs through the highest Glaciers and Moraines around the stretch of 10/15 km.
- This Marathon event passes through the historical route to Everest Pioneered by Late
- Everest Marathon passes through the highest elevation in the world through monasteries, monuments, shortens, suspension bridges, exotic places & beautiful landscape, which are nowhere in the world. Everest Marathon also passes through world renowned heritage site: Tengboche Monastery.
- Everest Marathon meanders through the rhododendron forest, wild orchid grove and most scenic landscape in the world inhabited by Legendary Sherpa climbers.
- Tenzing Hillary Everest Marathon runs through the Everest Expedition Base Camp crisscrossing the Sherpa village trails of Lobuje, Pheriche, Dingboche, Thyangboche, Khumjung, Khunde to Namche Bazaar covering the distance 42.195 km and fulfilling the Olympic Standard.